Charleston Bilingual Academy works with FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to make informed award decisions based on financial need. FACTS measures a variety of factors such as assets, Income Tax bracket, monthly expenditures and income to determine need, and then the finance committee disburses assistance according to the school’s allotted budget.
For questions about the FACTS application process and supporting documents, please contact a FACTS representative at (866) 441-4637 (ingles y espanol!) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click “Register” (to create a new account) or “Sign In” (to an existing account).
- Complete an application, providing as much detail as possible.
- FACTS requires a non-refundable application fee of $40 to submit your application.
- After completing the online application, you will need to upload all required supporting documentation. If you are unable to upload, email the required documents to email@example.com.
- If you are a non-US citizen and do not have US tax documents, complete the financial aid application without uploading the supporting documents.
- The following supporting documents are required to complete the application process:
- Last year’s IRS Federal Income Tax Return, including all supporting schedules. If applicant and co-applicant file separately, FACTS requires both tax returns for the same tax year.
- Copies of last year’s W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant. NOTE: If you are applying before you have received all the current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, please submit them as soon as they become available.
- Copies of all supporting tax documents if you have business income/loss.
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income. If you do not file a tax return, you are required to provide documentation of all income received. Failure to report all income will result in forfeiting your application.
- If you file a tax return but do not have W-2 wages because you are self-employed, you will be required to submit a copy of your current year Federal Form 1040 Tax Return.
The FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment serves as a recommendation; Charleston Bilingual Academy is responsible for determining the aid award.
Processing times vary throughout the year. The Charleston Bilingual Academy finance committee will email each family a financial aid decision within approximately 2-4 weeks.
If you have any questions about CBA’s financial aid process or your personal financial situation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.