Please see the detailed email that CBA received from The City of North Charleston about the upcoming Christmas Parade.
Attached is a lineup map, make note that ALL ENTRIES must come to the intersection of West Enterprise and Lackawanna Blvd to get in line for the parade. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE PARADE ROUTE AT EAST MONTAGUE/MIXSON AVENUE. You must utilize Remount Road to Attaway or Interstate 526 to North Rhett to access the lineup location. If you or you group members come to East Montague you will be turned around and sent toward Rivers Avenue. Directions to line-up: from I-526, take Exit 19 for North Rhett Avenue, then turn right onto North Rhett Avenue. Take the first right onto Braddock Avenue, then slight left onto Iroquois Street, which ends at East Enterprise Street. Take a left onto East Enterprise Street. City Staff will be posted for parade check-in at West Enterprise Street & Lackawanna Blvd.. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE PARADE LINE-UP AREA VIA MONTAGUE AVENUE. PLEASE NOTIFY ALL OF YOUR GROUP MEMBERS!
If you are bringing parade participants but your vehicle is not a part of the parade lineup you MAY NOT BRING THOSE VEHICLES INTO THE LINEUP AREA. You will need to park vehicles that are not riding in the parade, you may do that at the Oak Terrace Park/North Chas Creative Arts Elem parking area. The parking lot at CVS is limited in size, we do not recommend utilizing that as your ‘meet-up’ spot. The following is our lineup in number order and alphabetical order. Please give BOTH to all of the folks participating in your entry. If you line up before 3pm in the wrong spot you will be asked to move. This parade starts PROMPTLY at 5pm. It will begin getting dark at that time and during the parade so light yourselves and your vehicles up! ALL ENTRIES MUST HAVE LIGHTS IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE! Glow Sticks, light necklaces AND flashlights are all helpful to keep everyone safe and festive. It’s Christmas, let’s get in the spirit with décor, lights and festive attire! Here’s the lineup, followed by a reminder of our official rules and regs. DO NOT THROW CANDY FROM MOVING VEHICLES- CHILDREN RUN FOR IT AND IT CREATES A HUGE SAFETY ISSUE! Walk with your vehicles and pass out candy that way — PLEASE!
The Christmas Festival continues at Park Circle (Park Place South) with many activities until 8pm. Here is a Facebook link to the event and all the fun details: https://www.facebook.com/events/660264119054584
City of North Charleston Christmas Parade
- There will be only one Santa Claus in our Parade and he rides on our City Fire Truck. Do not dress up as Santa Claus, it confuses the children.
- Each entry is allowed a MAXIMUM OF TWO VEHICLES with the exception of motorcycle and car club entries. If you arrive with more than what is indicated on your entry form, you will be turned away.
- All entries, including golf carts and cars, must be well lit and decorated. Marching units are encouraged to use glow sticks, tinsel, reflective tape, and other portable light sources. Undecorated groups will be removed from the parade lineup, do not apply if you cannot commit to decorating your group, vehicles, and trailers.
- All music played, sung, or performed should be holiday themed.
- All participants must enter the parade line up area from West Enterprise Street. Refer to map provided. Call 843-740-5854, PRIOR TO PARADE DAY if you need help with directions.
- Groups may not purposefully stop to perform along the route; all participants must keep the parade moving. Gaps in the parade line make onlookers think the parade is over and then they start to walk in the street – this is not safe! We repeat: KEEP MOVING!
- Any generators used for lighting cannot be set up inside of an enclosed vehicle.
- No giveaways or candy may be thrown from moving vehicles. Any candy or promotional items must be handed out by walkers.
- Participants cannot join or leave during the parade at any time. Getting on/off floats and vehicles while the parade is in progress is strictly prohibited.
- All entries with children must have adults walking/riding with them throughout the entire event.
- Use of fire or open flames is not allowed.
- No participant will be allowed to ride on the hood or roof of any vehicle.
- No political campaigning is allowed on any entries in the parade.
- The undersigned agrees that all participants may be photographed or videotaped and that these images may be published in an outlet used to promote or publicize the event.
Applicants must observe all applicable rules and regulations and follow all instructions from police and parade officials. The City of North Charleston reserves the right to remove any entrant from the parade at any time if the entrant fails to follow parade rules.