Dear parents of 3rd grade students,
Your child’s class is going on a series of field trips as we partner with Dunston Elementary School! This is an excellent chance to further your child’s learning outside of the classroom.
Students will be reading to preschool children in Spanish and English with the goal to build relationships with the Dunston community, learn to share what God has given us with others, share our love of reading, practice reading skills, and become leaders who love others. Students will be divided into 3 classes and be assigned 2-3 preschoolers for them to read to.
Each month, the CBA students will return to Dunston and will be able to read to ‘their’ students and build a friendship.
All adults need to have a picture ID with them to enter the school building.
Students should be in uniform (NOT PE uniform).
First field trip to Dunston: 2/2/24
*Dates for additional Reading Buddies TBD
– drive to Dunston Elementary school
– students will be divided into 3 classes and assigned their buddies
– there will be a CBA teacher and at least one parent in each preschool classroom
– students will sit and read to the little ones and then ask them questions.
– students will also have a color sheet or simple game to play with the little ones after reading to them
– return to CBA
On Friday, February 23, 3rd grade students will present their Wellness Fair to the predominantly Spanish-speaking ESL students.
On Thursday, March 28 (1:00 – 2:30) 3rd grade students will help bag healthy food for food distribution.
Please complete the permission slip below, which covers the series of field trips to Dunston Elementary for the 23-24 school year.
Inspiring world changers together,
CBA Grade 3 Teachers