First and foremost, all CBA parents will agree to protect our community. Parents will sign a community agreement agreeing to stay home if they suspect their child has COVID-19, the child has tested positive for COVID-19, the child has COVID-19 symptoms, or their child or any of the household members have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19. Parents will also daily affirm they have not been exposed nor are symptomatic. The school will also take students’ temperatures before attending class.
Students and staff will be excluded from school if they have:
Per CBA’s COVID agreement, students and staff will be excluded from school if they have:
- Any 1 of the following: Fever >100, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, vomiting, or a new undiagnosed cough, undiagnosed nausea/diarrhea
- Any 2 of the following: Sore throat, muscle aches, chills, (*This list could change as we get more information).
If your child has had a fever of 100 degrees or more, your child must be symptom-free (for 24 hours) and you must provide the school with a doctor’s note or negative COVID test before being approved to reenter class. If your child, or anyone in your household, tests positive for COVID, then CDC guidelines will be followed (14 days of quarantine after the last close exposure).
Per CBA’s sickness policy in the Parent-Student Handbook, students will not be admitted to school if he or she has one or more of these symptoms: diarrhea, rash, fever, sore throat, upset stomach, vomiting, green or yellow mucus, a cold with infection present, discharge from pink, red, or puffy eyes, or earache. If a child has constant green or yellow mucus, then they need to stay home to avoid the transmission of germs to other students.
CBA sanitation measures:
- The school has contracted BIOSWEEP to apply their safe Hydrogen Peroxide based solution to apply to high touch areas that will keep germs from growing on these areas for 365 days.
- In addition, high touch areas will be cleaned throughout the day and our sanitation officer will disinfect the room while the class is outside.
- The school will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each day by our cleaning crew.
- We have purchased an electrostatic sprayer to further enhance our cleaning and sanitizing processes nightly.
- The school has invested in UV-C air purifiers and we are also planning to install a Reme Halo system in our HVAC system.
- Two outdoor hand washing stations will be installed outside entryway doors.
- Depending on the age, teachers will have the option to either have students leave shoes outside the classroom or spray the soles with Isopropyl alcohol. We ask parents to purchase shoes that are easy to put on/take off (for example: Velcro straps) and dress children in socks.
Increase distancing while maintaining socialization:
- Classes will stay with their group throughout the day (e.g. chapels will be held in individual classrooms, only 1 group will be on the playground at a time and the area will be disinfected between classes).
- To increase distancing, we will remove some tables in the preschool classrooms.
- Weather permitting, classes will have PE class, eat and have circle time outside in addition to their daily outdoor recess.
- Students in grades K-4th will will be placed between 3-6 feet apart so that students are able to take their masks off while seated. While working in groups, they will use their masks.
- We love our visitors, including volunteers and guest experts. However, our main job is to keep students safe. We will limit visitor and parent access inside the building. We are asking that you call us or email us as much as possible rather than coming in person to make inquiries. Remember also that you can pay through the website and Venmo. You can also mail checks to 5032 Lackawanna Blvd., North Charleston, SC 29405.