In order to address the changing landscape of COVID-19, CBA has composed a task force of area doctors who meet regularly to analyze current COVID-19 trends and assess school protocols. The school is implementing a multi-layered comprehensive approach to minimize disease transmission. CBA administration, staff, and teachers are committed to keeping the CBA community informed on what the school is doing to protect students' health.
First and foremost, all CBA parents will agree to protect our community. Parents will sign this commitment agreeing to stay home if they suspect their child has COVID-19, the child has tested positive for COVID-19, the child has COVID-19 symptoms, or their child or any of their household members have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19. Parents will also daily affirm that they have not had a close exposure to COVID-19 nor are symptomatic.
Students and staff will be excluded from school if they have:
Any 1 of the following: Fever >100, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, vomiting, or cough
Any 2 of the following: Sore throat, muscle aches, chills, nausea/diarrhea
*This list could change as we get more information.
If your child has these symptoms, then you will need one of the following to return to school:
- A doctor’s note that clears the child to attend school
- A negative covid test and for the child to be symptom free
While CBA is doing everything possible to mitigate risk, it is very possible there could be additional outbreaks of COVID-19 that will impact learning on-campus during the school year. If this happens, CBA may have to quarantine some students, a cohort, a grade, or close the entire school for a short period, or for up to two weeks. In these circumstances, students will be able to transition to virtual learning.
CBA is committed to engaging students in meaningful learning experiences and supporting academic excellence during any period of distance learning. CBA has spent considerable amounts of time and resources to ensure a seamless flow between the on-campus and virtual channels.
CBA is asking parents to sign this COVID Community Agreement Form as an addition to our Parent/Student Handbook.
Our household commits to:
- Monitor for symptoms, or self-quarantine after travel to an area experiencing widespread community transmission.
- Teach proper hand-washing techniques to our child.
- Promote awareness and help our child identify when hand washing/sanitizing might be necessary.
- Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 such as mild, cold-like symptoms, including fever, headache, runny nose, cough, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste/smell, and shortness of breath.
Our household commits to:
- Inform CBA when there is a confirmed case in our family. The school will keep specific information about your family confidential.
- Quarantine when known direct contact with a confirmed case has occurred, or when it has been recommended by the school based on DHEC guidelines.
- Read all school email or written communications to stay informed about health and safety updates or responses to COVID-19.
- Pick up my child within 30 minutes if he/she becomes symptomatic during school hours.
I understand that if a student or staff member is diagnosed with COVID-19, the school will handle it on a case-by-case basis and CBA will communicate with DHEC as needed. The sick person will only be allowed back to school after they are asymptomatic for 24 hours and have quarantined for 10 days from the onset of symptoms.
When a COVID-19 diagnosis is reported, the school will notify local health officials. The school may need to dismiss some students, the cohort of students and/or staff for several days or up to 10 days. CBA will communicate with staff, parents and students, keeping confidentiality at the forefront of our communication.
I also understand that if my child (or any child/faculty member) begins experiencing COVID-19 symptoms during the day, he or she will be isolated from others immediately. The school has a designated isolation area should these situations arise. Any area the student or employee has visited that day will be cleaned thoroughly. If it is a student, the school will call the parents to pick up their child immediately.